We are the first sustainable photographic studio in the UK. We recognise that as a business we cannot be 100% eco-friendly, however, we can (and do) seek to minimise our impact on the environment, without interfering with the quality of our professional service.
• In the conversion of a disused 1880s stables into GLS, we used 70% reclaimed material
• The building has been thoroughly insulated and draft-proofed
• Energy & water saving devices are in use
• We recycle as much as we can
• We use a renewable energy plan
• We promote eco-friendly methods of transport, including cycling to the locations and deliver equipment
• We use organic or fairtrade produce wherever possible
• To offset our carbon footprint we annually participate in a tree planting initiative
• We source most of our furniture and other studio items as upcycled or reused things so that we don’t contribute so much to the planned obsolescence (stuff breaking easily) as is a feature in the production of goods these days
• We provide our broad clientele with highly energy efficientfacilities for photo shoots and art projects
• We encourage creative sustainable practice beyond GLS by regularly organising exhibitions and workshops.
Environmental consultants – Ecovate – presented us with an ecocertificate and nominations for their 2010 “eco-micro business of the year” and “green service” awards (see certificate)